Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hoping to go home soon

Good morning! Geoff had a fairly typical first night after surgery. Pain, nausea, drowsiness,and feeling weird. I enjoyed staying in the hospital--what a complete luxurious experience here in the U.S. compared to the minimal amenities availed to the patient and caregiver in a developing country. Sheets and plenty of blankets kept me warm and cozy, which is needed since Geoff likes it about 10 degrees cooler than I do!

 Geoff went down at about 9 this morning for the upper GI, and if his stomach staples are intact he may start taking water. Hopefully we will make the trip back to the new house in Long Beach this afternoon. At this point we are waiting for Dr. Nguyen to tell us the good news and set us on course for home. Every step forward moves us closer to Uganda and that us a very good thing!!!!!

I have spent a good amount of time here in the hospital catching up on my journal. It has been such an intense whirlwind this past week and a half that I had not had a chance to chronicle any of the events. We have moved from one appointment to the next, one phone call to the next, looking at rentals and trying to negotiate daily life all at the same time, all in a fairly busy environment. We even had our previous digs at my mom's house become even more full of people last weekend as 4 more friends, in town for the recent Pepperdine Bible Lectures, joined us in the humble abode of 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, bringing the total "party participants" to a whopping 14. I just want to say that we survived and actually had a bit of fun in the process, but it certainly makes our new place seem all the more peaceful!

And, speaking of the new place, now that I've had some quiet and privacy to spend some time journaling, I realize that from the day we saw our new house to the day we got our keys, it was only one week--Wednesday to Wednesday! I am amazed all over again at the hand of our God and how He creates good for us with a precision only He could craft.

Again I am shocked at all we accomplished this week with doctor appointments, signing a lease and moving all in time before surgery! Our lives certainly lend evidence to the fact that God is alive and active!

After we've talked with Dr. Nguyen and get the discharge I'll update here again.  Thanks for your prayers and encouraging messages!!!

No comments: