Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The vicodin blog...

Here we are back on line.  Today the "cable guy" came and hooked us up today, now I can get back to updating you all and begin communicating again. I would not know where to begin if I were going to account all the things God has done over the past 2 weeks so I really am not going to try.  But I did want to declare His goodness and let you know how thankful I really am.  Today, Tuesday I have begun to recover and though I am still feeling quite a bit of discomfort I am feeling pretty good.  As you know from Mary's posts the surgery went remarkably well and I am now on the mend.  Part of my stomach is gone and I am still on a full liquid diet I hope to be eating solids again in the next week.  The next step as the healing continues on my stomach is to get ready for the chemo-therapy.  Once that get's started we expect to have a time frame on the full treatment and our return to a normal life and our return to Uganda.

The pain meds are making my brain a little slow so I am not sure all of what to write but the one thing that I want to highlight is how faithful God is.  I have seen God do many things over the years, miraculous protection, provision, healing signs and wonders but honestly nothing compares to what I have seen happen over the past few weeks.  Again if I chronicled every detail, I will in my journal but not here, it would take pages.  The mountains that he has moved are nothing short of miraculous!  Despite my diagnosis and the struggles that we are walking in right now God is fully with us.  He has not left me, I am not being punished and by no means will I be waking this alone.  God is here and working in ways that have marveled me!  May His name be glorified and His plans be fulfilled in our lives.

We spoke it as a family again tonight, "Our existence is to bring Him glory and the reason we live is for Him"

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am seeing myself how God has you all in in big loving hands and is taking very good care of you. Glad you are feeling better Geoff, despite the grogginess of the pain pills, but again, I thank God for those too so the pain for you is much lessened!