Saturday, February 5, 2011

My turn...

OK, let me try this. Mary is our regular blogger, but one of my friends sent me an email this week and said Mary is doing a great job, but what about you? I guess I better post something...

Let me first start by saying the greatest thing I can tell you about today is what God is doing in my own heart. Take a look at Ephesians 1:7-10 and LORD willing you will experience some of the same glory I have been swimming in this week. I am preaching tomorrow from this text and the reality of God's grace is truly awesome. The ESV version translates verse 7&8 "...according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us..." The idea of God lavishing His grace upon me is just taking me back. HE IS SO GOOD!!!

In a lesser note, we have been seeing some great progress in many areas, mainly relational with some of our Ugandan children. But in addition the other works are also progressing. The maize mill that I started and have been overseeing the development is doing well, with the exception of our power issues. The government has been stingy with electricity lately and we actually have not had stable power for over two weeks now. It is hard to run production at a factory without power. But thanks to some diesel milling and ingenious decissions by the mill manager we are pushing forward. Thursday we loaded 5 tons of maize on a truck and drove it about 12 miles to the nearest maize mill and milled it into a flour for distribution to our customers. This really cuts into our profits, but at least it keeps us in business.

The vocational school is off to a slow start but we are seeing new students turn up for this year and are hoping they will continue over the next few weeks. Likewise at the school the lack of power has proven to be a challenge. My staff there is doing a great job with the limitations we put on them. With the beginning of the year we have new students to get to know and hopefully minister God's goodness as we teach them skills for their future.

Ok enough for now, but I will try to do my part in this blog space :-)

2 comments:

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

muy bien Geoff!

Amy said...

I love your topic. I have been learning about God's marvelous grace lately too. It is sometimes hard to accept but God says the truth shall set us free.