Sunday, March 28, 2010

More of Kevin's birthday

Kevin's favorite present is a book. He wants to read it morning and evening. He loves when Geoff reads with him as in the picture. The book is, "His Mighty Warrior" and each entry comprises a letter from God to His warrior, a scripture reference and a prayer for the child to say to His King.

Geoff has spent a number of hours recently in an effort to repair a small machine used to seal the bags from the maize mill. Con-cen-tra-tion


Kevin's favorite birthday activity was a sleep over with his friend Kynan. They wanted to camp out in a tent, but the rainy season is here and all the tents leak. The next best thing?--sleeping in the living room in Kevin's play pup tent, barely big enough to fit the boys (seen here sleeping in the early morning last Saturday.) Kynan stayed from Friday afternoon until Saturday suppertime. Fun Fun





You are viewing--up close--a fine example of an enclosed pea-size brain. It's function is to direct sleeping, eating and a search for constant attention.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love to see parents reading to their kids and the look on the kids' faces as they are following along in the book. It is so precious because you know they're only little for so long and they're not always going to want you to read to them!
Of course, I still want people to read to me. I just think I'm too big for mom's lap. :)

Glenda said...

oh enjoy those reading moments...I remember every night Marcus wanted me to read "where the wild things are" and "hand hand fingers thumb" he is now 18 and pretty sure that wouldn't fly now. They grow up too fast.

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

Santi's fave present is also a book. i'd like to see amy again on mom's lap. how sweet.

Amy said...

Glenda, I don't know...you should try it. Just climb into bed with him one night with one of those books in your hand and start reading away! I'd love to see the look on his face!
And Laura, don't tempt me! I just may have to now...

Janice Speaks said...

how about I'll read to all 4 of you in Laguna? Don't know about the lap thing though, maybe one at a time

Britton Family said...

ok everybody . . . DOGPILE ON MOM!!!!

Amy said...

Yes mom, read to all of us!
And, mom, better get your lap ready cause we're doing do like Mary said!