Monday, April 13, 2009

Fascinating

We live in a beautiful, quiet, country landscape . . . free of the noise of the city . . . and of the conveniences of appliances. We couldn't resist taking a picture of the kids fixed on the washing machine at Aunt Gillian's apartment in Kampala this past weekend!
Only in Africa . . . The blue truck is being towed . . . nothing out of the ordinary, especially because the prevailing motto for auto mechanics here is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" which translates to many breakdowns due to a lack of maintenance. But, in this picture, if you look closely you can see that in the bed of the blue truck is another truck!!!! ( the iron frame sticking up highest is the frame for the truck in the bed) . . .Two for the price of one
The staff ladies just finished a Beth Moore Bible study, "Stepping Up" which is a study of the Psalms of Ascent. I include this picture as a testimony to our GREAT GOD that I was able to be in this group picture. During the time this study was going on, I made it to only 3 of the sessions. After attending the first meeting, I was in bed for 6 weeks with hepatitis, and after that ran its course, a week later we had the motor vehicle accident and I found myself in bed again. PRAISE OUR LIVING, LOVING GOD that you see me in the picture above!!!!!!! (I'm in the second row leaning with my hands on my knees.)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Frankly, my kids love to watch the washer, too! Even more fun: pushing the buttons!!! I am sooo glad that you are doing well. You have been often in my thoughts and prayers. (This is the Jang,Carol, BTW)I think I lost your direct email, could you send me a message? Thanks. Love you!

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

did acacia cut her hair short? looks cute! we miss you and are looking forward to seeing you in about a year! i can understand the fascinationg with the machine. even i get super excited about having a borrowed one now at the mission apt. but i don't have time to watch it in action