Friday, April 17, 2009

Dress Up



My parents sent the kids some clothes for Easter. Of course they arrived after the fact (things usually do, but that's ok because then we can celebrate birthdays, Christmas, Easter and Valentines days ALL YEAR!!!!) Acacia and her friends, Julia and Anya, became grown up ladies going SHOPPING. (Which, of course, at their ages is always followed by climbing in the trees and swinging on the rope swing!!!!-fortunately the dresses and children survived!)


And today I am playing dress up. I have a head ache and my feet are still hurting quite a bit, so I'm dressing up in a good attitude of praise and thankfulness. There is no wisdom in dwelling on the negative when I have so much to be thankful for and when God is so worthy of Praise!!!!! I have only to remember that just a few weeks ago I COULDN'T get out of bed. So, now that I'm out, what are a few aches and pains???? 1 Cor 15:57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Toby took this picture of us on Easter morning after Kevin and Acacia told us they wanted to pray to God, telling Him they believed in Jesus' sacrifice for us all. They both asked God to be their Lord and their Savior! We then went to a church service where they watched a drama on Jesus' final days before the crucifixion. All three of them have been in celebration of what God has done for them this past week! That certainly is a great reason to PRAISE GOD!!!

1 Tim 1:15-17This is a true saying, and everyone should believe it: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners — and I was the worst of them all. But that is why God had mercy on me, so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. Glory and honor to God forever and ever. He is the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies; he alone is God. Amen.

Geoff is on his way to Kampala to buy more solar equipment. We pray for his peace and safety.

And we pray that all who read this come to know the peace of our creator God who loves each of us perfectly.

No comments: