Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dr. Geoff




Ok life here in Uganda often finds you doing things you never would imagine yourself doing in ordinary life in the U.S. In addition you find that you gain many titles, and now Geoff has a new one. You can now officially call me Dr… Yes that is right Kevin was getting a bit stir crazy in his cast and it has now been over 3 weeks since the accident so we decided to remove his cast. So adding to our very extensive list of experiences I now offer medical services for a very low cost :-) Cast removal, blood tests, stitch removal and general advice about any illness. Kevin is doing great, we are allowing him to put some light pressure on it, but he is still using the hopper and his wheel chair. As his confidence grows he will soon be walking again. A number of times while I was removing it he said, “Dad are you sure? Shouldn’t we text Dr. Raul?” It seems that my continual assurance of Daddy knows what he is doing wasn’t quite enough for him.
P.S. This is Mary--And I feel that for the sake of some (a.k.a grandparents) I have to add that Geoff did an amazing job. We DID talk to the dr. about when to take off the cast, so we didn't just decide to do it without counsel AND we have received info on the activities Kevin can do at this point. I love the fact that Dr. Geoff is in the house!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Janice Speaks said...

what is that amazing cast cutting tool that Geoff is using? Looks interesting. I know that Kevin is relieved he doesn't have that cast on him anymore.