Monday, April 22, 2013

TRANSITION

Today I am in transition.  Since the receipt of the news a little over a week ago we have been in vacation mode.  I have not tried terribly hard to process what God is doing, but focusing on the kids, my parents and plain old having fun!  Well  today the vacation mode must end, we are flying back from Orlando today and tomorrow the Doctors visits begin.  As we relaxed yesterday I began to ponder exactly what things are going to be like, even to the point of losing sleep last night.  But this morning as I got out of bed I was reminded of a word that I have not thought of in quite some time "LAVISH".  It is not a common word that we use often in our American english, but we find it in the ESV translation of Ephesians 1:7-9 - "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ"  The NKJV translates it "good pleasure" which is also sweet in it's meaning.  What I can tell you this morning about the transition is not that I have it all figured it out, or know exactly how things are going to end up but that God is lavishing His grace upon me.  As we yield all areas in our lives to The King of Kings, as we release our need to be in control and abandon ourselves to Him we find the grace that we need for all things life can bring our way.  It is my prayer that through this transition and the journey to come I am able to fully see and experience His good pleasure and receive the lavishing of His grace.  HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT!
--Geoff

1 comment:

Allen Bickle said...

One of the great joys we have as Christians, is knowing God goes before us in times of transition. Duet. 31:3 says "tThe Lord God Himself will go before you!" As face the future we can be assured & comforted , that God will go before us.....He is already there in our future....love to her more about the transitions you guys are going through....your brother in Christ....Allen