Wednesday, November 24, 2010

TWINS!!!

Yesterday, I posted a prayer request for the ladies of New Hope who are expecting! Later on in the day I went to the hospital to be with Aunt Ketty as she was laboring with twins. Now that is quick answer to prayer!!!!!

In the past four years, the two previous times I've accompanied her to the hospital for delivery she has delivered QUICKLY--one time within moments of getting on the laboring table! She welcomed me with a big smile and said, "Auntie Mary, the times you've been with me I have delivered quickly! Praise God you're here, you have the anointing!"

This time was different, however. She was not progressing. I monitored the babies' heartbeats and they were doing well, but she was not having any effective contractions, though her water had broken very early that morning. At 3p.m. the doctor examined her and decided to take her for a C-Section. At 4 p.m. she went for the section and I left to return to New Hope and get the message to the one she requested to come be with her for the night. By 5 p.m. we celebrated the arrival of Miramu and Israel, girl and boy blessings for the Okoth Family!!!! All are doing well! Praise God!!

Keep praying for safe deliveries for the rest of our ladies. There are 6 due to deliver in the next 4 months, many within the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

Happy Thankgiving! So glad the mom and twins are ok! Love and miss you!

Amy said...

Glad everything went well and you could be there for her Mary. So happy she and the babies are fine! She does have quick labors, wow!

Constance Askew Dobbs said...

Praise God and please greet the Okoths with me!! It is Babirye and Kato!!! How God tells us thse things I willnever figure out! love to all!