Tuesday, November 23, 2010

All your children . . .

"All your children will be taught by the Lord and great will be your children's peace."
Isaiah 54:13

This is a verse that I remember daily. As I am the primary teacher for my own kids, I often bring this promise to mind. This one brings tremendous encouragement, especially when I feel I might not be covering all topics well. But, more than academics, it brings great comfort knowing that God is active in training and teaching my children in all areas of life. Being ever aware of my imperfections can sometimes bring temptation to fret concerning the overall outcome of the development of my children, but there is no need for worry. God is teaching my children and He knows what is best for them. Our memory verse last week was, "This is what the Lord says, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel, I AM the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you and who directs you in the way you should go." What an all-encompassing promise for now and the future!

And continuing on the topic of children . . . we have numerous ladies here at New Hope that are set to deliver babies in the next 60 days. The due dates of some are imminent and others are due toward the end of January. Please pray for their strength, reliance on the Lord, health and safe deliveries.

Thank you!!!

No comments: