Wednesday, February 17, 2010

$!

The sticker reads, "It's My Birthday!!"
February 17!!!!! Geoff's Birthday!!!! I prepared one of his favorites ... french toast.











Sidenote: A bit of entertaining newlywed miscommunication to all you young marrieds . . . In our first year of marriage I asked Geoff if he would like some french toast for breakfast, to which I heard him say, "No, I don't like french toast." So, I never prepared it again. About four years later we were at his parents' house and his mom was preparing french toast, to which Geoff exclaimed, "I LOVE FRENCH TOAST, but Mary never fixes it for me." Thus ensued the whole discussion and analysis (which we still revisit occasionally when we have nothing else to do -- ha ha!) on how the miscummunication ever occurred. By the way, we've never come to a conclusion---I still believe I heard him say he didn't like it and he stills believes he didn't refuse french toast that morning with those exact words . . . The moral of the story???? Don't be sooooooo set on proving you're right, be willing to shrug it off and be quick to forgive and forget.

OK, marriage lesson over . . . back to the birthday at hand.

Last year was a BIG ONE!!! But, we expect this year to be even more eventful. WHY? Look at the title of this blog . . . did you know that the upper case of the number 41 is $! The scriptures say, "money is the answer to everything" so I guess this will be a year of answers :) Of course I'm kidding, but upon turning 41 a little humor (and a little $!) are definitely in order. And, while we're finding humor in our day, I'll leave you to find the passage from which I pulled the above quote. Happy hunting.

8 comments:

Glenda said...

Very Cute blog today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEOFF!!!!

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

It was good talking to you this morning(last night) :) Happy, Happy Birthday!

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

Hey, that was Me, Janice that put up that last message. Don't know why it says Beto and Laura. I'm having the same problem Glenda had yesterday I guess! Love you all!

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

yea. i was wondering who was hijaking my blog. so you want to know who knows where what quote comes from? "money is the answer to everything."? from the movie "the money pit", which, i believe, tom hanks should've gottne an acadamy award for. apparently i'll never get one award for my spelling greatness.
anywho, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEOFFFYPOOO! I LOOOOVE The behind sticker. you shoudl really market those, get rich, and well, move my family to africa, of course!
love you!happy 4$st bday!

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

i was just thinking. the only way i'd ever move to africa is if i could live like we do in LB, or even how we live in Honduras for that matter!
it takes a special person, and we know you are THAT! "special"

Britton Family said...

Uh, sistah . . . the quote is SCRIPTURE and as far as my memory serves me (which gets shorter each year!) there is NOT ONE SCRIPTURE in "Money Pit" HA HA!!!!! Try Ecclesiastes!

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

Scripture says that money is the answer to everything? where? and i was kidding, i know i'ts not in the moneypit. but when you get here we will watch it together.

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

Scripture says that money is the answer to everything? where? and i was kidding, i know i'ts not in the moneypit. but when you get here we will watch it together.