Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This place is for the birds!!!!!

It's the little things that 1) crowd our days or 2) make life enjoyable. You pick which you want, but it's the one who lets the little things be a source of enjoyment that will find true joy. Some days I am clinging tightly to #1 and today I felt like I was going in that direction when the kids found some newly hatched baby weaver birds just before lunch. The birds were totally naked, one or two feathers each, none bigger than 1 inch long and all struggling for life. Acacia desperately wanted to feed them sugar/salt water and so, instead of taking my "after lunch 10 minute siesta" I found myself gently holding baby birds and trying to feed them with a medicine dropper. They lived about 1 1/2 hours and then were given a proper burial behind our school banda. The kids took it well and I was glad for the "interruption." (And by the way, I still got 10 minutes after the funeral and managed to also get a nice cup of java later which helped me make it to this point in my day!!!!!)




We will go into Kampala on Monday in preparation for Toby's piano exam on Tuesday. Here's a picture of him practicing. His hair was spiked in honor of the last day of science last week. Our little Einstein look alike. I pray Toby's faith, however, stays strong and grows, unlike Einstein's sad lack of belief in the ONE who makes IT all possible!!!
That's it for now . . .

1 comment:

Glenda said...

what a wonderful blog today! LOVE the pictures of the kids. They all have such beautiful eyes. Tell them all that Auntie G says hello and hug and kiss them for me.