Sunday, March 1, 2009

DUDE! Where's your hair???

Tonight Geoff went over to the guesthouse to touch base with one of the members of the team that is here from Canada. Of course the boys followed and they were all gone about 30 minutes. I was washing dishes when they returned jumping and laughing on the porch. "MOM! LOOK!" squeals Kevin rubbing his shaved head. I'm shocked, "DUDE! Where's your hair?" And with an exhuberant cheesy smile, "IT'S OVER AT THE GUESTHOUSE!!!!!" Now, as a mom, I see the God given uniqueness in each of my kids . . . and with Kevin, besides keeping us in stitches from laughing most of the time, we've enjoyed his amazing hair--surfer dude, full, thick, blonde, curly, sticking out wherever. If I can't live on the beach, at least let me "hear the surf" when I look at my little surfer boy. After all the above exchange, Geoff appeared on the porch timidly saying, "I know I'm in trouble for that, huh?" No, I'll get over it . . .surfer hair or not, I love all my boys, big and small!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Adorable!! I know what you mean about the surfer hair, but you're right. It'll grow back! :)