Friday, February 27, 2009

I need to go to, "How to Write Good Titles" school and that's my title . . .



This picture was taken back when we had no idea how the month of February 2009 was going to look. But, then, we don't have any true idea of how things are going to play out do we? It is God who knows and who knows best. If we choose to trust Him, we have peace in the midst of whatever. If we don't trust Him, we can do nothing to obtain true peace. Period. If you don't agree, that doesn't change the truth, you just live without peace.

I have continued to respond well to the treatment I'm receiving. In fact, so well, that I do not fit the true picture of an auto immune response in my liver. I remembered not too long ago a medicine I had taken in January to combat a small wound infection. (Unfortunately, I had not remembered this when I first met with the dr.) As I thought about the whole process I was enduring, I wondered if that drug could have been the trigger. The info sheet is very clear--"hepatitis may occur up to several weeks after treatment with flucloxacillin has been stopped ...increasing age are risk factors." Uh Huh, another consolation prize for being over 40, there are so many :)
I need rest in bed about 3 -4 hours a day at this point, but otherwise, I am not feeling the intense drain on my body that I was experiencing even last week. I believe that as the treatment tapers down and my strength consistently increases, I will be left with no long term effects or requirements for caution regarding my liver.
In other news, there have been some changes in the schooling plans for our kids I mentioned in the last blog. In fact, the leadership school who invited all of our kids to apply actually only takes ONE student from each district. So, one of our boys will be attending the Cornerstone leadership academy and the rest will school together at "Shammah" only 18 km away. Because of the wait to hear from Cornerstone, those who are going to Shammah have missed the first two weeks of school. Please pray that all of them will be able to get right into their studies next week and learn all they need to for this first term. They will be traveling to Shammah hopefully over the weekend so that they will be in place for classes starting Monday. Pray also for the funding available to cover all the costs for these kids at Shammah. Yes, it is a less expensive school than the others in the area, but still a significant expense for the ministry.

My aunt's friend, Gillian is still with us and has been a tremendous blessing and encouragement to not only our family, but others here at New Hope as well. She has volunteered in our clinic, organized the emergency, wound, medicine and IV supplies, tended wounds and various other ailments. At the baby house she helped bathe, dress, feed and play with the babies. She was able to generally and briefly assess them all and give a good report on all the babies' development and health. She will be teaching a CPR class for our health care professionals this week and then next week, with the health care workers from our clinic, will teach the family parents of each of our family groups. She has been to the hospital where she was to be working and they have decided to keep her here in the country in a beautiful 3 bedroom apt while they ready themselves. So, for the next few weeks she will use our house and her apt as home bases as she does all the tourist stuff she had planned for the end of her time here. She will join one of our visiting teams next week as they go on Safari to Murchison Falls. God has blessed us all with her presence and we are happy she is able to get to see Uganda!

And lastly . . . Thanks for the packages!!!!!!! We get such a boost when they arrive!

No comments: