Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mary here: This has been my view for the past 2 1/2 weeks as I have been in bed seeking the rest and healing of the LORD. Praise God it is a view of His creation and not of a brick wall. Praise Him that I hear birds and the laughter of children from my window and not horns honking and traffic snarling. Praise God that in the midst of trying to be "patient in affliction" (Romans 12:12) I have found the peace and contentment that only God can bring. And do you see the centrality of the cross in this picture? Without the cross of Christ, I have no hope, but my God supplies all my needs according to HIS RICHES!!!!!!!

I am doing SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!! We went back to the doctor on Friday and my liver counts are improving unanimously as well as my energy level returning more and more everday. I don't have to spend as much time recovering and catching my breath each time I get up to do a little something or visit a little with someone. I was able to go to church yesterday!!!! At this point it is 10 a.m. and all last week I would have been back in bed already for more than an hour. It was taking me until about 2:30 p.m. to "feel good" each day and then I was only able to be up for a couple of hours before needing to return to bed. NOW, I can be up and I don't get short of breath! I can visit with people and I don't get short of breath! I am not so tired that I fall into the bed out of desperation, but I rest in an attempt to keep myself from ever getting to that point. God is GOOD and I trust Him that over these next 2 1/2 weeks as I finish the steroid treatment and keep my diet free of animal proteins that His hand will completely clear out whatever process has been going on.

In the meantime I have been able to start writing a book for my kids that I've been wanting to write for a long time. I have been able to do 2 different Bible studies and I have had plenty of time to pray for others as I have been resting in bed.

The internet seems as if it is starting to cramp. I'll post this and then start another one with more pictures of the rest of our life here!

No comments: