Friday, July 12, 2013

SHOUT HIS PRAISE FROM THE ROOF TOPS! CANCER FREE :-)


Again I have to ask “How can I really say thank you?”  God is Great and greatly to be praised and yet my words fall short.  THANK YOU TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD.  He has faithfully carried us through this journey and brought us to this point of being cancer free.  The call today from the Dr. with the PET scan results was honestly just another victory in a long series of God showing me His goodness.  We had asked so many of you to pray and agree with us and along this journey so many of you have faithfully prayed for us, we knew that He was working. 

Today is exactly 3 months to the day that we received the diagnosis of cancer and today we received the report that I am cancer free.  It has been a wild ride!  It is hard to believe it has only been 3 months, actually feels like so much longer.  April 12th we got the call with the diagnosis which we had been chasing since February.  Today July 12th, we received the word that the cancer is gone and October 12th we will board a plane back to Uganda.  PRETTY COOL HUH!!!  12 is the number representing “divine government”, yes God has been in control of our lives and continues to reign as King!

We are sure God is still working and has many things He wants us to do here before we go back to Uganda.  Tonight we prayed with the kids that God would continue to use this situation, they are really getting a chance to walk out their faith and see HIm work.  I will undergo another 2 rounds of chemo, just for good measure, finishing up in late August.  I will then have the last 6 weeks to fully recover and get us ready for our return.    

That is all for now, but THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS, ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT.  We will to be a bit more creative with the next blog when I am not so tired.

Blessings!  

1 comment:

The Delectable Mountain said...

I heard this news yesterday at New Covenant in Spearfish when we were making a trip there to raise support. This is really exciting! I didn't understand why any of this was happening when it first happened, but from your posts and all the people I have talked to who have been so edified by your experiences I am sure only God can count the reasons why. See you in October, brothers and sisters!