Monday, October 8, 2007

Village delivery



For many days we had been telling Medie, our compound worker, to call us when it was "THE TIME" for his wife to go to the hospital to deliver their baby. But, when I woke up Friday morning, that was the last thing on my mind. Little did I know that I would be the one helping to deliver said baby!!!!! All the way to the hospital I kept telling Joyce, "Don't Push!!" It was obvious that she was very close to delivery and I definitely wanted to have some help as the new one made her debut!! Joyce had intensely quiet moments which alternated with "AUNTIE! AUNTIE!" Once we made it to the bed in the delivery area, she asked me to stay with her. With no doctor present, the midwife and I guided her through the last 15 minutes of labor and into delivery. The pictures are of their new little girl, "Miriam Mwonge" and of Medie, Joyce, Miriam and Acacia and Me back at their home the next day.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

What a beautiful joy that you were able to be a part of, what a beautiful baby! Please tell them congratulations from us! Acacia is getting sooooo big!! :)