Monday, April 21, 2014

Goodbye--God be with you!

Aunt Ketty left about an hour ago from her home in Kasana. She begins another chapter in her cancer journey.

Today she and her family will enjoy time together in Kampala. They will have lunch at the guest house where Aunt Ketty stayed last week while waiting for appointments at Mulago Hospital.  She made some good friends there among tribe-mates and wants to introduce them to her beloved children and husband. They will laugh together and indeed cry together as they say goodbye at the end of the day.

It was hope-producing to hug her and send her off in the arms of the Lord God who has made a way for her to seek treatment in Nairobi. And it was hopeful to pray together as they were all loaded in the van, looking forward to their day together. Yes, we're sending her off to the unknown from our perspective, but we're secure in God's goodness, sovereignty, and ultimate control.

When I asked if I could post the pictures I'd taken this morning before they left she said, "Oh, yes please!" She covets your faith-filled prayers and asked that the following be lifted up:"that even as I leave my husband and children behind, My Father God will always fill in this gap as an intimate Father and Mother to them and that they will feel His love through the people who will be around them." And, "I want God to give me ears to listen, from Him a heart to always yearn to trust in Him no matter what the journey will look like and the peace of mind wherever I be--I want God to turn this adventure into an opportunity for me to preach His word to those who will be next to me." And lastly, "for God's mighty healing in my life--Doctors are going to treat me I know, but I want to trust God for my total deliverance and healing."

And now the photos she wanted to share:
Ketty, far left in back, Emma, Uncle Okoth, Florence, Ivan, Millie
Front, LtoR Merab, Israel, Mercy, Isaac

Aunts Ketty and Betty

Uncle Okoth and twins, loaded in and ready to roll!

The boys, excited to go to town, but not so sure they want to say goodbye to Mom, yet!

The girls decided they wanted to be in the very back of the van.

Here I am between my two neighbors: Kate and Ketty, spelled different, but pronounced the same! Kate is holding baby Stella one of our precious special needs babies!

Goodbye hugs to dear neighbor Aunt Lucy! Between Lucy and I we will keep a keen eye on the children!



 And they finally drove away after hugs and photos and prayers for God's hand to be upon them all!

The bus leaves at 11 p.m. tonight. Thanks for your prayers!!!!!

No comments: