Saturday, January 9, 2010

Load 'em up with sugar and send 'em home









































































After loading all the kids up with a boatload of SUGAR (!!!!) at Acacia's birthday party last month, we took some group pictures. Yeah . . . I have great memories of saying "YES!!!!" and being the heroine to a group of kids for 2 hours . . . "Auntie Mary, can I have more marshmallows?" "YES!! And have a soda to go with!" "Auntie Mary, may I have another cupcake?" "YES!!! And would you also like some more candy?" "Auntie Mary, may I have a BIG piece of cake?" "YES!! of course!" "Auntie Mary, how about a piece of banana bread? "YES!!"

I'm making fun, but it pretty much happened that way. They ate and ate til they could hold no more. We made picture frames and jewelry and played games. The kids had a fun-filled blast of a time. One of the littlest ones said, "Wow, this is the best birthday party I've ever been to and I'm gonna remember it and when I'm at another party I'm sure I'm gonna think this one is still the best." As parents and adults, of course it should not be our focus to be the most fun or be the biggest kid amongst other kids, but I have to admit that for 2 short hours it was glorious. . . and then I sent them home to their parents to have a sugar crash . . . :)

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Happy late birthday to Acacia!! Looks like she had a very wonderful day with friends. I LOVE the picture of her in between her brothers with the look on her face!!! So cute!

Beto and Laura Perez Speaks said...

remind me never to allow Santi to a bday party at YOUR house! you are too funny