Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Creepy Crawlies

Kevin: "MOM!!!!! Give me some of those doctor gloves!!" "Why?" said I. "Bees, (Kevin's word for because) we are gonna pick up a snake!!!" "Is it dead?" (a very important first question) "Yes!" It's not just any snake. Eeeewwwwww! It's a green mamba!!!!! They played with it and showed all the girls and then gave it a proper burial in the sand pile--not to honor the snake, by the way, but to hide it so they could invite their friend over to dig in the pile and get the surprise of his life!!!! I DID NOT grow up with brothers-----I'm learning a lot these days!!!


Later, I saw the David Family kids throwing rocks at a tree and all standing around nervously looking up. I asked, "Is it a snake????" The reply? "No, just an animal!" I'm thinking, WHAT KIND????? After 20 minutes of throwing rocks and climbing trees I see that it is a squirrel!!!! My, my, my---all that for a squirrel. And if they get it down???? They plan to eat it! Yuck!

Now off the creepy crawly subject . . . we had a request for pictures of Hasan's house. The green is not the green we thought it was going to be, but it will be the green we have for sometime!!!





Earlier today I taught our music makers class for the young missionary kids. I show this picture to show how much they love the class. Our living room is so big they can run around unhindered and they love it!!!!!


And lastly, I am thankful that our three kids play so well together. From lunch time on, we had no other kids at the house today. They simply played and laughed and were VERY LOUD, but had a great time!!!!

No comments: